Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Anders Norrbring <li...@norrbring.se> on 2005/11/22 22:17:25 UTC

Rules for all these "wrist watch" sales?

Is there any effective rule set for blocking off all these "chronometer"
and "wrist watch" spams?
Preferably one that I can add into my rules_du_jour..
--

Anders Norrbring
Norrbring Consulting

Re: wrist watch spam getting old

Posted by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net>.
Hello JP,

JK> I am getting a lot of wrist watch spam with links to web pages which
JK> have
JK> malodorous scripts embedded in them
JK> a typical spam looks like this:

Tests added to 70_sare_specific.cf in the last month should help catch
some/many/most of these, and we're continuing to work on improving the
hit rate.

Bob Menschel

wrist watch spam getting old

From:   danepridgett@phat.co.nz
Subject: FW: Because you deserve something special watch-jewelry
Date: December 12, 2005 7:41:01 AM PST
To:   ting@jpkvideo.net
tests=BAYES_50,DATE_IN_PAST_24_48  autolearn=no version=3.0.4

Jai,

I am thinking you will love this.

Jagger

Posted by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net>.
Hello Anders,

AN> Is there any effective rule set for blocking off all these "chronometer"
AN> and "wrist watch" spams?
AN> Preferably one that I can add into my rules_du_jour..

The current 70_sare_specific.cf should catch them.  If you have one that gets
through without at least two SARE hits, send me the sample, to
RMSA@Menschel.net

Bob Menschel

Re: Rules for all these "wrist watch" sales?

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Tuesday, November 22, 2005, 1:17:25 PM, Anders Norrbring wrote:
> Is there any effective rule set for blocking off all these "chronometer"
> and "wrist watch" spams?
> Preferably one that I can add into my rules_du_jour..

If they are advertising web sites, make sure you have network
tests and SURBLs enabled and they will mostly get blocked.

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc@surbl.org