Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Neal Gamradt <ng...@hotmail.com> on 2003/09/03 03:56:44 UTC

EMBPerl Powered Forum

Hello All,

I had sent this question right after I signed up to the mailing list and I
am not sure if it actually made it to everyone.  I was wondering if anyone
had developed a forum using EMBPerl?  I have had trouble finding one that I
like and I am thinking that I may just build one myself.  Most likely I will
use PostgreSQL as the backend.  I am wondering if there is any demand for
something like this and if there are any special features people would like
to see.  I really didn't see much on Source Forge so I figure that this may
be worth my time.

Also, does anyone know of an ad. server that is powered by EMBPerl?  I know
that there are some made for PHP and PostgreSQL but I really don't like PHP
and would much rather use EMBPerl for a long list of reasons.  Any input you
could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Neal

Re: EMBPerl Powered Forum

Posted by Terrence Brannon <tb...@directsynergy.com>.

> Hello All,
>
> I had sent this question right after I signed up to the mailing list and I
> am not sure if it actually made it to everyone.  I was wondering if anyone
> had developed a forum using EMBPerl?  I have had trouble finding one that
> like and I am thinking that I may just build one myself.  Most likely I
will
> use PostgreSQL as the backend.

If you access the database using DBIx::Recordset and/or DBIx::AnyDBD, then
it should be largely
database independant.

If Embperl 2 is componentized (I havent been keeping up myself very well),
then it could be that it could be developed collarboratively.

Oh! It just hit me, http://www.eplsite.org is a good start for this sort of
thing.