Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adam Fisk <af...@speedymail.org> on 2004/08/24 17:17:41 UTC

jar override paths

Hi Everyone-

I'm using the jar override property to use local jars in two projects.
One project uses the reactor to call the build of the other project.
The problem is that each project includes a property
"maven.myproject.jars" specifying the location of the jar files.  In one
project.properties file, this reads:

maven.myproject.jars = ../../../../lib/jars

While in another it reads:

maven.myproject.jars = ../lib/jars

I then specify my jar override jars as in the following:

maven.myproject.myjar = ${maven.lib.jars}/myjar.jar

One project.xml inherits from the other, inheriting all properties.  As
a result, only one of these directories works depending on where you
are.  If I go to one project, I have to uncomment or comment out the
"maven.myproject.jars" property from the other project.  I've tried
using the jelly tag to make these paths absolute, but the jar resolution
and "download" happens before any code in maven.xml is executed, so this
just doesn't work.  Can I maybe declare the properties somewhere other
than project.properties?  Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

-Adam

Re: jar override paths

Posted by Adam Fisk <af...@speedymail.org>.
Hi Jorg-

I'm very new to Maven and did not even know about the multiproject
plugin.  Now I'm using it, and it's working great.  I'm still having a
couple issues with the ${maven.multiproject.basedir}, but it should work
out fine.

Thanks very much!

-Adam

Re: jar override paths