Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Gl...@ansett.com.au on 2000/08/03 02:47:40 UTC

Re: Jikes problems

 GS> I have the latest as far as I know.  The missing files it's
 GS> complaining about are my projects files not the standard java
 GS> library.  It seems something to do with the dependency checking.

SB> Looks like the sourcepath part doesn't get added correctly. Could you
SB> please do a fresh compile with -verbose and send the output of the
SB> javac task here - especially lines starting with "Dropping from
SB> classpath: "?

SB> Oh and yes, please make sure you have the version I've committed about
SB> 15 hours ago as this one fixes a problem with relative paths if your
SB> project's basedir and the current working directory are different.

Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you on this.

I get a slightly different problem now.  It hangs after a number of errors about
missing classes.

Also I get the following warning at the start:

The file "src\java" is not a valid directory.  Needless to say it is valid.

I am compiling a rather large set of files.  Almost 2000.

-- Glen

error please notify Ansett Australia immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Ansett Australia.

ABN Ansett Australia Ltd	37 004 209 410
ABN Ansett International Ltd	72 060 622 460

Re: Jikes problems

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 GS> The file "src\java" is not a valid directory.  Needless to say it
 GS> is valid.

Your working directory had been different from the project's basedir
if memory serves right.

Could you please try again with the changes I've made a few minutes
ago. The original code didn't care about working directories at all
while the one in CVS right now uses the new execution framework.

It's just a quick hack, the cleaner solution should follow on Monday -
if I'm on the right track that is.

Stefan