Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Xiangyuan LI <fl...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/15 03:15:51 UTC

what's the sequence when consumer subscribe one topic's multi partition execute poll method

Hi,
  When our consumer poll messages from a topic every partition has very
large delay,we found that some partitions decrease delay fast but others
are even still increase.

  I think the reason is every consumer subscribes sevral partitions and
broker will always response messages with the same partition until this
partition has reach HW,then choose next partition.

  so I want to know whether my doubt is right?or why? and could you give us
some tips that how broker can response poll request from each partition
with fair?

  thx...