Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by La...@knowledgearc.com on 2003/03/05 23:51:33 UTC

Trying to Install JAVA 4.1 to run Webgate Anywhere

first time user  and I can't seem to get a runtime of Java 4.1  to run.

on start up I get the following message inside the black box:
The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly

The path I have set for JAVA_HOME is:
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1_01

In addition I get an error message superimposed that reads:

cannot find the file '-Djava.endorsed.dirs=' or one of its components

Larry Fisher
KnowledgeArc, in Tucson
http://www.KnowledgeArc.com
LarryF@KnowledgeArc.com
Phone: 520 747 0664
Cell:      520 241 7355

RE: Trying to Install JAVA 4.1 to run Webgate Anywhere

Posted by Mike Jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com>.
You're running a version of the jre it looks like, you need the jdk.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com