Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2010/12/31 14:09:16 UTC

[VOTE] move openjpa-maven-plugin from codehaus to the OpenJPA project

Hi folks!

As discussed before doing the last release, I'd like to move the openjpa-maven-plugin from Codehaus over to the tools section of the OpenJPA main project.

The reason for this is that we just cannot support a few use cases and features which got added in newer OpenJPA tools versions without branching the plugin for various OpenJPA versions and release them separately [1].

I think this would be way too much work over here but would be really easy by just adding the plugin to the openjpa tools in their svn. For each new OpenJPA release, we would automatically also get a well tested (because the trunk uses the SNAPSHOT version) new openjpa-maven-plugin this way.

[+1] move openjpa-maven-plugin over to OpenJPA
[0] don't care
[-0.5] add it to openjpa, but still maintain an old version at Codehaus
[-1] don't move it, maintain it only at Codehaus

here is my +1.

txs and LieGrue,
strub

PS: I will of course still be around and help with various other plugins ;)

[1] list of open/non-fixable issues:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOPENJPA-31
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOPENJPA-3
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOPENJPA-10

Re: [mojo-dev] [VOTE] move openjpa-maven-plugin from codehaus to the OpenJPA project

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] move openjpa-maven-plugin from codehaus to the OpenJPA project

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Oki, finally preparing the move now.

What are the orga issues we need to resolve first?

Here is my checklist upfront:

*) go through all files and check the license headers. If they are ALv2 already, then a big part of the work is already fine.
*) do a svn log and check if those contributors are still available. If they already have an iCLA on file, then all is well. If not - dough ;)
*) check the JIRA if patches with questionable IP clearance got applied.

Any other things we need to check?
Since there are are only 2 committers (Rahul - iCLA on file and I) + Benjamin Bentmann (iCLA also on file)  tweaking a few lines of code, this should go rather fast.

What's next: should I just move over the original source, commit it to a incubation directory in the SVN and then rename all the packages, or should I prepare all that stuff locally and then provide a big fat patch?

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi folks!