Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Craig Russell <cr...@sun.com> on 2005/09/29 17:33:43 UTC

PersistenceManager UserObject

Hi Karan,

The UserObject pattern is intended for applications that need to
access some local state that is associated with the persistence
context. Any persistent object can navigate to its persistence manager
and access some application-specific data.

This turned out to be very useful in JDO, so much so that users asked
for finer-grained UserObject information: a Map of UserKey and
UserValue.

Craig

	From: 	  karan.malhi@gmail.com
	Subject: 	user object with pm
	Date: 	September 29, 2005 8:24:33 AM PDT
	To: 	  jdo-dev@db.apache.org

Hi Craig,
 What is the purpose of get/setUserObject in the pm api? What would be the
use-case where i would use these methods?

--
Karan Malhi

Re: PersistenceManager UserObject

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mb...@spree.de>.