Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Joël Wijngaarde [Us Media]" <jo...@usmedia.nl> on 2003/05/06 15:07:11 UTC

Apache modjk2 : How to accept only ssl connections

Hi,

I have a working configuration with Apache 2 + SSL and mod_jk2 running
my web application. Now I want to surf the web application only over
HTTPS. What happens is that the application is available over HTTPS and
over normal HTTP.

What i tried is to force a redirect to the HTTPS website from the normal
HTTP website, but this does not seem to work. It looks like the mod_jk2
module receives all requests to the mapped URI before Apache can force a
redirect.

Anyone any suggestions on this?

Regards,

Joel

Re: Apache modjk2 : How to accept only ssl connections

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Bottom question:
http://tomcatfaq.sourceforge.net/security.html

-Tim

Posted by Giovanni Formenti <fo...@ariadne.it>.
If i understand ur problem, in Tomcat, u must put a <security-constraint>
element in
ur web.xml with inside the section:
  <user-data-constraint>
  </user-data-constraint>