Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org> on 2018/01/06 14:40:45 UTC

Commit Messages

All -

Just as a reminder to all committers, when pushing a patch please make sure
to include the JIRA number and description as part of the commit message.

We use the following format which is close enough to the CHANGES file that
it takes little adjustment at release time to get all the CHANGES noted
properly:

KNOX-{NNNN} - {JIRA-TITLE} [(contributor via committer)]

Also, with this in mind it is a good idea to keep the JIRA title short
enough to appear in the CHANGES file without wrapping too badly.

For the handful of commits that were recently added without proper
messages, we can easily address that for CHANGES updates but going forward
we should revert the patch and repush with a proper message.

I will try and make sure that we have the following documented more clearly
in the contribution page.

Thanks,

--larry

Re: Commit Messages

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
Ahhh - I was wondering when I checked whether someone beat me to it -
thanks!
:)

Re: Commit Messages