Posted to repository@apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/22 23:21:45 UTC

[Nexus] Does Nexus check MD5 and SHA1 files?

There seem to be some problems with the hash files in the recent
HttpComponents Nexus deployment:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-132/org/apache/httpcomponents/httpcore-osgi/4.1-beta2/

It looks like all the hashes are wrong.

AFAIK, Nexus checks the sig (.ASC) files, because I remember getting
an error when I forgot to upload my new key.

If Nexus does not check hashes (as seems to be the case), are there
any plans to add this feature?

Re: [Nexus] Does Nexus check MD5 and SHA1 files?

Posted by Juven Xu <ju...@sonatype.com>.
sure they can, but when they try to close staging repository, they will see
some error messages, this is how staging rule works.

--
- juven

Re: [Nexus] Does Nexus check MD5 and SHA1 files?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Juven Xu <ju...@sonatype.com>.
the checksum rule is enabled, so make sure you are not using Maven 2.2.0, it

--
- juven

Re: [Nexus] Does Nexus check MD5 and SHA1 files?

Posted by Juven Xu <ju...@sonatype.com>.