Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com> on 2003/08/15 08:59:35 UTC

[maven] eclipse target is broken?

Something has broken the eclipse target, so that it no longer
finds the src directories, external libraries or anything.

No idea what the problem is as these things are a mystery to me?!?!?!?!

Back to good old emacs I guess - it never has trouble find the
source code.

Re: [maven] eclipse target is broken?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
On Friday, August 15, 2003, at 07:59  am, Greg Wilkins wrote:
> Something has broken the eclipse target, so that it no longer
> finds the src directories, external libraries or anything.

Basically whats changed is that we've gone from a flat 1 project build
system to a modular (multi-maven-project) build system. More below...

> No idea what the problem is as these things are a mystery to me?!?!?!?!

I figured this would be a common FAQ so added it straight to the wiki...

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheJ2EE/FAQ-Developers

> Back to good old emacs I guess - it never has trouble find the
> source code.

You can use eclipse in navigator mode where it doesn't care where the
source code is etc. i.e. us eclipse as a straight editor. Though it
works much better if eclipse knows the jars & source paths etc.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/