Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> on 2011/04/18 20:44:25 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Cassandra 0.8.0-beta1

OK.  Here are artifacts for a proposed 0.8 beta1 release.

You will note the addition of three new artifacts, cql-1.0.0.tar.gz,
txcql-1.0.0.tar.gz and apache-cassandra-cql-1.0.0.jar.  These are
language drivers for CQL; Be sure to include them in your review.

SVN:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/branches/cassandra-0.7@r1094668
0.8.0-beta1 artifacts: http://people.apache.org/~eevans

The vote will be open for 72 hours, longer if needed.

Thanks!

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cassandra 0.8.0-beta1

Posted by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com>.
+1

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

[VOTE CLOSED] was: [VOTE] Apache Cassandra 0.8.0-beta1

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.
On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 19:13 -0500, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> My fault, fixed.  (Built w/ "ant" but it was confused as "ant clean"
> demonstrated.)

OK, then consider this vote closed all, I'll reopen another shortly.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@racklabs.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.
On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 07:46 -0500, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> We typically only block betas for major regressions, not bugs that are
> already present in a released version (all of 0.7 releases in this
> case).  So yes, this will be in the next one after beta1 (probably rc1
> since 0.8 won't be a moving target like 0.7 was).

Just to add to the list, (so that everyone is aware):

All of those apply to the Python driver and/or the CQL shell in some
way.  Most are very recent regressions, none are critical, but together
they make CQL mostly unusable from Python, and will likely give some a
bad first-impression.

Posted by Terje Marthinussen <tm...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunate as it means beta1 is useless for testing for us, but I guess it
does not make much difference if we try 0.8 trunk instead.

Terje

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shotaro Kamio <ka...@gmail.com>.
-1,

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Dusbabek <gd...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cassandra 0.8.0-beta1 *correction*

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@racklabs.com>.
On Mon, 2011-04-18 at 13:44 -0500, Eric Evans wrote:
> SVN:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/branches/cassandra-0.7@r1094668

That URL should actually be:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/branches/cassandra-0.8@r1094668