Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by niloofar montazeri <mo...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/07 05:59:28 UTC

How Portable are Derby-managed data?

Hi,

I am a MySql user and am searching for a light-weight database system that
allows me to *easily move tables from one machine to another*. My problem
with MySql was that in order to move data from machine m1 to machine m2, I
needed to stop the server on m2, move the entire data folder (i.e., all the
databases and tables) from m1 to m2 and then restart the server on m2 (If I
was lucky and it would easily restart).
Maybe I am not familiar with correct MySql settings, but I need an easy to
install tool for sorting, counting, indexing and merging data that allows
for high portability. Is Derby the right tool for this purpose?

I appreciate your help...
Niloofar

Re: How Portable are Derby-managed data?

Posted by Peter Ondruška <pe...@gmail.com>.
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.7/adminguide/cadminhubbkup63476.html

--
Peter