Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2021/05/25 14:54:25 UTC

Re: [OT] Tomcat SSL stops working after an undetermined amount of time

Ed,

On 5/24/21 16:25, Ed Rouse wrote:
> This works for me. In server.xml:
>
>      <Connector port="8443" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
>                 maxThreads="150" SSLEnabled="true">
>          <SSLHostConfig>
>              <Certificate certificateKeystoreFile="C:\Program Files\Java\openjdk_1.8.0.242\jre\lib\security\cacerts"
>                           type="RSA" />
>          </SSLHostConfig>
>      </Connector>

If you really put your server's key into C:\Program
Files\Java\openjdk_1.8.0.242\jre\lib\security\cacerts you are making a
mistake IMHO. That file is supposed to contain the JVM's trust store.
You shouldn't be modifying it at all, let alone to put a private key
into it.

-chris

>>> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun