Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com> on 2014/07/17 21:36:37 UTC

Are scheduled messages visible in queue browsers?

If I create a queue browser, on a queue with scheduled messages, say 1-2
hours in the future, will they be browsable?

Kevin

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*

Re: Are scheduled messages visible in queue browsers?

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 07/17/2014 03:36 PM, Kevin Burton wrote:
> If I create a queue browser, on a queue with scheduled messages, say 1-2
> hours in the future, will they be browsable?
>
> Kevin

No, scheduled messages are stored on disk and loaded back into memory
for dispatch when their scheduled time arrives, they do not show up in
the target destination until their scheduled time.

You can get insight into what's scheduled via the JMX MBean for the
JobSchedulerStore or via JMS following this guide:
http://timbish.blogspot.com/2010/10/enhanced-jms-scheduler-in-activemq.html

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.