Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Upadhye, Sujit (GEAE, Foreign National)" <su...@ae.ge.com> on 2001/06/05 23:51:33 UTC

Query: ActionMappings

Hello,

In local-forwards, can I forward the control to another Action object
instead of forwarding to a JSP?

Sujit Upadhye

RE: Query: ActionMappings

Posted by "Deadman, Hal" <ha...@tallan.com>.
Yes you can. Just set the path to the path for the action and include the
.do extension.

<forward name="cancel" path="/home.do" redirect="true"/>

XXX

Re: Query: ActionMappings

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Upadhye, Sujit (GEAE, Foreign National) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In local-forwards, can I forward the control to another Action object
> instead of forwarding to a JSP?

Yes.  In effect, you are chaining multiple actions together.  Just set the
"path" in your <forward> element to a path of an action instead of a page.

> Sujit Upadhye

Craig