Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by dan z <da...@hotmail.com> on 2006/07/05 22:57:19 UTC

another question on CompactNodeTypeDefReader

Hi Tobias,

just another question on the CompactNodeTypeDefReader, please see my CND
file components below:

[cm:aclEntryNode] > nt:base
-cm:uid (string) mandatory copy
-cm:permission (string) mandatory multiple copy
<'1','2','4','8','16'

/* the node names of aclNode's children are the common name of the aclEntry
Nodetype's id property */
[cm:aclNode] > nt:base
+cm:* (cm:aclEntryNode) = cm:aclEntryNode
  copy

What I'd like to have is a node hierarchy that reflects an ACL object. But
the parser throws an ParserException saying "Error while parsing 'cm:'".
It seems that the parser doesn't like expression "cm:*", which I expect to
tell the system "the subnode can have any name, as long as it is of NodeType
cm:aclEntryNode".

Any advice on this?

Thanks,
Dan

Auto news & advice – check out Sympatico / MSN Autos
http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/Default.aspx

Re: another question on CompactNodeTypeDefReader

Posted by dan z <da...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Torgeir,

First, thanks for responding. It reminds me of the error of using "cm:*"
insteand of "*". This fixes my problem.

Second, I understand that your model would work well if you are to implement
access control on multiple node types since they "mix-in" :)

My scenario is a bit different: I'd like to have a Workspace-wide acl which
is evaluated against any attempt to access the workspace. As for node level
access control, I intend to use special properties like "editors", "readers"
to support low level access control.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Dan

Search your PC with MSN Desktop Search  http://desktop.sympatico.msn.ca/

Re: another question on CompactNodeTypeDefReader

Posted by Torgeir Veimo <to...@pobox.com>.