Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Purcell, Scott" <sp...@ltcgroup.com> on 2001/06/26 21:58:18 UTC

Reload Modules on NT Apache

Hello,
I am using mod-perl, and I am in the development stages of coding. Each time
I make a code change to a module, I must restart apache. I know there must
be docs for this, but I cannot find them from the apache web site. Could
someone assist me in finding those? Or if someone knows of a simple way to
accomplish this task, please advise.

Thanks
Scott Purcell

Re: Reload Modules on NT Apache

Posted by Tim Gardner <tg...@codeHorse.com>.
>I am using mod-perl, and I am in the development stages of coding. Each time
>I make a code change to a module, I must restart apache. I know there must
>be docs for this, but I cannot find them from the apache web site. Could
>someone assist me in finding those? Or if someone knows of a simple way to
>accomplish this task, please advise.

Scott,

There is a module called StatINC which is supposed to solve this
problem.  I've had trouble with it but it is probably something I am
doing wrong as I never fully investigated.

Alternatively, depending what you are doing, you might be able to add
the packages to the script which would otherwise "use" them during
development so that they get recompiled every time.  This wouldn't
work very well if you are sharing the modules between a bunch of
programs, obviously, but if you are trying to debug something it
might help.

Tim