Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Alexey Trenikhun <ye...@msn.com> on 2022/09/06 23:03:22 UTC

Flink upgrade path

Hello,
Can I upgade from 1.13.6 directly to 1.15.2 skipping 1.14.x ?

Thanks,
Alexey

Re: Flink upgrade path

Posted by Jing Ge <ji...@ververica.com>.
Hi,

I would recommend you to check the release notes of 1.14[1] and 1.15[2]. If
your Flink jobs are using Flink features that have big improvements in
these two releases, it would be better to upgrade step by step without
skipping 1.14.x.

In general, depending on how complicated your jobs are, it is always a big
challenge to upgrade Flink with skipping version(s), i.e. it is recommended
to upgrade constantly following the Flink release period.

[1]
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/release-notes/flink-1.14/
[2]
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.15/release-notes/flink-1.15/