Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mullin Yu <mu...@softwareag.com> on 2000/07/07 13:19:19 UTC

New user

Hi! I'm new to cocoon. I was successfully created a .fo file by tranformating with a style sheet, and output a pdf file, but all are done on Command Line.

I'm looking into how to generate a XML from database first. Then, applying a style sheet to convert it to a .fo file, and finally output as a pdf file and send to the client.

Anyone can show me some insights, better to have some sample codes too. In the fact, we always use Crystal Report to produce some report. Now, I am thinking of using XML instead. Therefore, dynamic output the content from the database to .pdf is very important.

Can I use asp instead of java in Cocoon?

Thanks!

Mullin