Posted to users@maven.apache.org by koti <ko...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/29 13:02:08 UTC

why axis-1.4.jar is dependent upon wsdl4j-1.5.1 jar file in maven

HI all,

My application is already using wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar and will not support with
wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar file.
I have observed that when I have written only axis1.4 dependency code in my
pom.xml like below
<dependency>
          <groupId>axis</groupId>
          <artifactId>axis</artifactId>
          <version>1.4</version>
          <type>jar</type>
          <scope>compile</scope>
      </dependency>
it downloading wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar file (not sure how it is downloading) due to
that my existing application is not working. So, I have modified code like
<dependency>
          <groupId>axis</groupId>
          <artifactId>axis</artifactId>
          <version>1.4</version>
          <type>jar</type>
          <scope>compile</scope>
      </dependency>
<dependency>
            <groupId>wsdl4j</groupId>
            <artifactId>wsdl4j</artifactId>
            <version>1.6.2</version>
            <type>jar</type>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>
now it automatically downloading axis-wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar file which is also
creating problem to my existing application.

could you please let me know, why axis jar is internally downloading wsdl
file and how to remove this internal dependency.

Thanks in advance.

Re: why axis-1.4.jar is dependent upon wsdl4j-1.5.1 jar file in maven

Posted by koti <ko...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jeff. seems it will solve my problem.
Thanks for your help.

Re: why axis-1.4.jar is dependent upon wsdl4j-1.5.1 jar file in maven

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@jeffmaury.com>.
If you want to use your WSDL4J and not the one from Axis and because it
seems they have different groupId/artifactId, you should include an
exclusion inside the Axis dependency declaration in order to exclude the
WSDL4J dependency from Axis

Regards
Jeff

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 3:02 AM, Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> You will have to consult the Axis project. This is because their POM
> declares this dependency.
>
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 7:26 AM, koti <ko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > HI all, My application is already using wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar and will not
> support
> > with wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar file. I have observed that when I have written only
> > axis1.4 dependency code in my pom.xml like below
> > /          axis          axis          1.4          jar          compile
> > /
> >  (nabble_embed tag is added to display code.. it is not having in my
> actual
> > code... )it downloading wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar file (not sure how it is
> > downloading) due to that my existing application is not working. So, I
> have
> > modified code like
> >        /            wsdl4j            wsdl4j            1.6.2
>  jar
> > compile                         axis          axis          1.4
>  jar
> > compile        /
> > now it automatically downloading axis-wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar file which is also
> > creating problem to my existing application. could you please let me
> know,
> > why axis jar is internally downloading wsdl file and how to remove this
> > internal dependency.Please let me if another version of axis jar will
> > download wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar file.Thanks in advance.
> >

> > --

Jeff MAURY

working and scaling.
 - Bjarne Stroustrup

http://www.jeffmaury.com
http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com
http://www.twitter.com/jeffmaury

Re: why axis-1.4.jar is dependent upon wsdl4j-1.5.1 jar file in maven

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.