Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Pugh, Eric" <EP...@MuseumCompany.com> on 2002/01/04 22:22:08 UTC

Does every .vm screen need a .java screen?

Does every .vm need a screen?  I am trying to create a .vm file with no
corresponding .java class.  However, using TDK2.1, I get errors.  I looked
in the source, and it seems to throw an exception whenever it can't find the
screen.  Is there anyway to change this behavoir from the configuration?

It seems that many people (per the other posts) are not using .java screens,
but just .vm and pull tools.

Eric

Re: Does every .vm screen need a .java screen?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On 1/4/02 4:22 PM, "Pugh, Eric" <EP...@MuseumCompany.com> wrote:

> Does every .vm need a screen?

No.

> I am trying to create a .vm file with no
> corresponding .java class.  However, using TDK2.1, I get errors.  I looked
> in the source, and it seems to throw an exception whenever it can't find the
> screen.  Is there anyway to change this behavoir from the configuration?

It throws an exception when it can't find a template, not a screen class.
There is a default screen class that can be specified so that if a screen
class doesn't exist than the default screen class will. The sample app in
the 2.1 TDK is a full example of how this works.

> It seems that many people (per the other posts) are not using .java screens,
> but just .vm and pull tools.

Yup.

> Eric

jvz.