Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ivan Bianchi <iv...@wikiloc.com> on 2017/02/16 18:13:24 UTC

Multiple bf VS Single sum bf (performance)

Hi,

I'm doing a quite complex boost function for my search and I'm wondering
what method has better performance.

   - Single *bf* function with a *sum()* chain.

*For example*: bf: sum(sum(sum(A,B),C),D)

   - Multiple bf parameters (which internally does the same sum chain).

*For example*: bf: [A,B,C,D].

I'm asking as I saw the benefits of the cache with multiple *fq* instead of
a single and-chained *fq,* so I'm wondering if this also happens with *bf*.

For debugging purposes the second one is obviously better, as I can see the
individual scores with the *debugQuery.*

Best regards,

--
Ivan