Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mário Gamito <li...@tuxdoit.com> on 2005/12/06 23:53:13 UTC

What is the admin login && username

Hi,

What is the login password for the administration module ?
I've greped through conf and server, but didn't found :(

Any help would be apreciated.

Warm regards,
Mário Gamito

Re: What is the admin login && username

Posted by Giorgio Clavelli <gi...@gmail.com>.
You have to edit your <CATALINA_HOME>/conf/tomcat-users.xml so to have an
account with manager and admin rights. At least, I'm using it in localhost
for training and it works fine.

This is nearly how mine looks like:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<tomcat-users>
  <role rolename="tomcat"/>
  <role rolename="role1"/>
  <role rolename="manager"/>
  <role rolename="admin"/>
  <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
  <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
  <user username="mario" password="mario" roles="tomcat,manager,admin"/>
</tomcat-users>

Re: What is the admin login && username

Posted by Joe Plautz <jo...@customcall.com>.
You need to add it to the tomcat-users.xml file in conf. You will need
to create a new user and role, both being called admin. Just follow what
should already exist in the existing file and you will be ok.

Joe