Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by 王苹 <22...@qq.com> on 2018/01/17 03:34:00 UTC

Sentry Sync can not work together with HDFS ACL

Hi advisers,
The row-level access is not yet supported by Sentry. But we have the requirement on fine-grained access control, as the business data is stored in hierarchical HDFS directory we use HDFS ACL control to grant specific directory/file access to specific user to meet the requirement. But we hit some problem:
1) The data directory is very big with about 60,000+ subdirectories/files. The "setfacl -R" command is very time-consuming that can not finish in expected hours.
2) After Sentry Sync enabled and external table created, we found the HDFS ACL control was disabled, that means we cannot grant specific directory/file privileges. We can only use sentry sync to get files privilege, but this can not get row-level access control.
Is there any ways that can help improve "HDFS setfacl -R" or any parameters can make Sentry Sync work together with HDFS ACL?
Thanks in advanvce for any suggestion or help!