Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Vidhya Kailash <sr...@yahoo.com> on 2009/05/04 16:04:08 UTC

Wizard & Tabs

Hi
I would like to know if there is a way to re-use panels of the WizardSteps as tabs of TabbedPanel. More precisely, I have a scenario where I lead the user thru product creation using Wizard (basically inputting product details). I want to re-use some of the wizard steps as tabs for editing the product. That way I dont have to repeat the product attributes...
Any help/thoughts much appreciated.
thanks

Re: Wizard & Tabs

Posted by Fernando Wermus <fe...@gmail.com>.
I hope It would be useful for you.

public class CustomStep extends WizardStep {

    private static final long serialVersionUID = 838959800764720492L;
    public static final String ID = "customStep";

    public CustomStep(Panel custom, IModel title, IModel summary)
    {
        super(title, summary);
        add(custom);
    }
}
<wicket:panel>
</wicket:panel>

public class CustomPanel extends Panel {
    private static final long serialVersionUID = -555733469342362042L;

    public CustomPanel() {
        super(CustomStep.ID);
    }
    public CustomPanel(String id){
        super(id);
    }

}

public final class MyStep extends CustomPanel{
    .... write your own ...
}

finally

        MyStep mystep=new MyStep(...);

        wizard.add(new CustomStep(myStep, new ResourceModel(....), new
ResourceModel(...));

bye!

--
Fernando Wermus.