Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by he...@leegan.in on 2015/08/15 06:57:41 UTC

Unable to use .IN domain

Dear Sir,

I would like to use ".IN" domain in the APP ID while building the Cordova
application.

Whenever I try to use

                cordova create hello in.leegan.helloworld HelloWorld

it says:

                App id contains a reserved word, or is not a valid
identifier

It seems to be that "in.leegan.helloworld" is not valid.

How can I overcome this limitation ?

Regards,

Hemant Ganpule

LEEGAN SOFTWARES

Thane, India

Re: Unable to use .IN domain

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.
On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 4:24 PM, Jesse <pu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, we go with the lowest common identifier, assuming that the other
> platforms may be added later.

Ahh, now that I read the source more carefully, I see that some
Java-specific items are added at the end (at first glance, it looked like
it just contained the list of C# identifiers)

> Unfortunately you cannot use `in` as part of the id.
> I would suggest `inleegan.helloworld` or drop the `in` completely.

It may also be possible to use in_.leegan.helloworld, which would be the
traditional Java workaround, if 'in' was reserved there.

Re: Unable to use .IN domain

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Unable to use .IN domain

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.