Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by ma...@gerling.de on 2001/08/13 08:04:36 UTC

Problem with Soap DeploymentDescriptor while using EJB's

Hello together,,

Inside an ANT Script I am trying to deploy an EJB wich is called via Soap.
The Soap documentation gives an example how to deploy an EJB. I am using
this example and I have just replaced the bold fields.

By commenting out several lines I found out, that the error is placed inside
this small code snippet, but I have no idea why the following
exception is thrown.

      <isd:provider type="org.apache.soap.providers.StatelessEJBProvider"
      		    scope="Application"
      		    methods="create saveApplication" >
      </isd:provider>

After starting the ANT script I get the following exception:

C:\Business2Business\gerlingcredit.b2b\soap.xml:73:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invalid value for type or scope or
methods attribute in provider element of deployment descriptor
--- Nested Exception ---
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invalid value for type or scope or
methods attribute in provider element of deployment descriptor
 at
org.apache.soap.server.DeploymentDescriptor.fromXML(DeploymentDescriptor.jav
a:317)
 at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:1
88)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ExecuteJava.execute(ExecuteJava.java:127)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.run(Java.java:260)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.executeJava(Java.java:123)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.execute(Java.java:87)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java:898)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:536)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:510)

Does anyone know why this exception is thrown???

Thanks in advance
Mario Heiss

This message is intended for the addressee or its representative only. Any
form of unauthorized use, publication, reproduction, copying or disclosure
of the content of this e-mail is not permitted. If you are not the intended
recipient of this e-mail message and its contents, please notify the sender
immediately and delete this message and all its attachments subsequently.