Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Umesh Kudale <uk...@egain.com.INVALID> on 2023/02/06 14:19:19 UTC

ActiveMQ classic: Reload SSL keystore without restarting the broker

Hi,

I am using activemq 5.17.1 with SSL configured as per instructions given into this page: https://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-use-ssl. Whenever the certificate/key in the SSL keystore is changed, I want to reload it into activemq broker without restarting the broker. I think we can do it in activemq artemis by reloading the configurations but didn't find any way to do so in activemq classic. Could anyone please help me here?

Note that I am using activemq in standalone mode (NOT embedded), so all the SSL configurations are present in conf/activemq.xml.

Thanks in advance,
Umesh.

Re: EXTERNAL- Re: ActiveMQ classic: Reload SSL keystore without restarting the broker

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
I'm not really sure what you're asking. In _what_ case would all new
connections start using the new cert while existing connections would
continue using the old cert? As noted previously, ActiveMQ "Classic"
doesn't support reloading the certificate so this wouldn't happen.

Justin

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.