Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Felipe Mendes <fe...@db.com> on 2001/05/09 17:36:25 UTC

Problem generating in HTTP1.0 for IE 5.5

Hello,

I am dinamically generating a PDF using fop 0.17.
Now I came across a very strange error.

We were accessing this generated PDF through our testing servers and using HTTP 1.1 and both Netscape 4.75 and IE 5.5 were able to display it.
Now we are accessing through our production site which uses apache as reverse proxy and using HTTP 1.0.
However we can no longer display the PDF in IE. Only in Netscape 4.75.
And the generated PDF is 32Kb, so it's not that old IE 5.5 problem.

I am just asking here because someone might have come accross something similar though it might not be fop related.
Can this be because of the HTTP protocol change?

Here are the two request headers:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 13:31:35 GMT
Server: IBM_HTTP_Server/1.3.6.2 Apache/1.3.7-dev (Unix)
Cache-control: no-cache, must-revalidate
Expires: 0
Pragma: no-cache
Connection: close

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 13:40:58 GMT
Server: IBM_HTTP_Server/1.3.6.2 Apache/1.3.7-dev (Unix)
Cache-control: no-cache, must-revalidate
Expires: 0
Pragma: no-cache
Connection: close

Best Regards,

Filipe Mendes
Accenture
Moneyshelf - Technical Architecture
Office:    +496991045039
Mobile: +491736532850
http://www.moneyshelf.de

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.