Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Maurer Philipp <ph...@rheinmetall-ad.com> on 2010/03/18 12:38:02 UTC

Non-transitive dependency

Hello everyone,

I'd like to do the following (don't ask why :-)):

(-> = "depends on", v = version, + = or higher)

Module Master v1 -> C v1, B v1, D v1+

Module B v1 -> nothing

Module C v1 -> B v2, Dv2

Module D v2 -> nothing

When I try to build module Master, Ivy won't resolve because Master
depends on B v1 and C on B v2 which is an unresolvable conflict. (D is
no problem, D v2 is chosen)

I'd like to define modules (C), where only the Master modules
dependencies are considered. In the example: Master, C v1, B v1, Dv2

Thanks,

Philipp

Philipp Maurer
Software Engineer

Software Development Department

Rheinmetall Air Defence AG
Birchstrasse 155
PO Box
8050 Zurich

Switzerland

Phone: +41 44 316 25 56
Telefax: +41 44 316 20 34
philipp.maurer@rheinmetall-ad.com
<ma...@rheinmetall-ad.com>

www.rheinmetall-defence.com

This message contains privileged and confidential information. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete
it.

Re: Non-transitive dependency

Posted by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Could you try specifying force="true" on the dependencies of your master module?
Cfr http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/ivyfile/dependency.html

Maarten