Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Daniel Hutchison <da...@uvu.edu> on 2018/04/30 16:29:45 UTC

question about growing number of addresses in artemis

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to artemis 2.5 from an old version of activemq.
  I've been running in my test environment for about 2 weeks now, and I
notice that artemis is displaying about 22,000 addresses that look like
this:

Address:                ID:esbtst-51076-1516925608717-1:1413:18
Address size:           0
Binding names:
Message count:          0
Number of bytes per page: 10485760
Number of messages:     0
Number of pages:        0
Object
Name:            org.apache.activemq.artemis:broker="0.0.0.0",component
=addresses,address="ID:esbtst-51076-1516925608717-1:1413:18"
Paging:                 false
Queue names:
Roles:                  amq,true,true,true,true,true,true,true
Roles as
json:          [{"name":"amq","send":true,"consume":true,"createDurable
Queue":true,"deleteDurableQueue":true,"createNonDurableQueue":true,"del
eteNonDurableQueue":true,"manage":true,"browse":true,"createAddress":tr
ue,"deleteAddress":true}]
Routing types:          MULTICAST
Routing types as json:  ["MULTICAST"]

I'm curious as to what would cause these generic addresses to show up.
 Is it because some of my consumers,clients are not setting a client
id?   I did notice similar ids show up in activemq under the "Active
Non-durable Topic Subscribers" list.    Sometimes the list would get
long, but usually stayed in a maintainable state.

On artemis, the address entries just seem to grow and not clean up.
So, is there something that I need to configure on artemis to clean
these addresses up automatically?  Or maybe, I have a misconfigured
client that needs to be tweaked so it doesn't generate so many
addresses?    And if so, anyone have some pointers on how to track back
which connection is generating these addresses?

Thanks,

-daniel

Re: question about growing number of addresses in artemis

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
This looks like a bug to me. Could you describe a simple way to reproduce
the issue?

Justin

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 11:29 AM, Daniel Hutchison <daniel.hutchison@uvu.edu