Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Tim O'Donnell <ti...@timodonnell.com> on 2000/02/21 05:02:00 UTC

Can't pass Strings as Params to Stylesheet?

Hello,

	So far, I've got to tell you that you guys have done a great job on the
XSLT implementaion.  I've struggled a long time without finding a decent
processor, and I rejoiced after using yours =)

	One question thus far: I'm attempting to pass strings as as params from a
java servlet into an xsl stylesheet without luck.  I've tried the following:

Receiving it via:
<xsl:param name="PARAM_NAME">Default_Value</xsl:param>

But doesn't display (shows up blank) via:
<xsl:value-of select="$PARAM_NAME"/>

I also tried grabbing the param via:
<xsl:param name="PARAM_NAME" select="Default_Value"/>

But it errors out at this point.

Is it possible to pass string values to a stylesheet from a servlet?  If so,
how might this be accomplished?

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Tim O'Donnell
timo@inktomi.com