Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2012/02/01 16:07:35 UTC

Export control for APR-Util version 1.3.8

On the exports page ( http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/ ) this version of
APR-Util is not listed, although other versions are.

Is this correct?  We are relying on this to avoid adding a package we plan to
distribute to the exports page.

-Marshall Schor

Re: Export control for APR-Util version 1.3.8

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

On 2/1/2012 8:47 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Jeff Trawick<tr...@gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> +1 based on similarity with 1.2.
>>>
>>> In addition APR itself is only listed with "development", bit no info on
>>> 0.9, ..., 1.4. Would that also be n/a or 5D002? Don't know whether the
>>> ability to build something on top of APR suffices for 5D002. Guess no, but
>> APR: 0.9.x, 1.x: n/a
>>
>> BTW, can anyone remind me where this file is edited?
> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/infrastructure/site/trunk/content/licenses/exports/index.page/eccnmatrix.xml?view=log
This page has all the steps, including how to edit the list:
http://apache.org/dev/crypto.html

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: Export control for APR-Util version 1.3.8

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 2/1/2012 11:59 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:
>> On the exports page ( http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/ ) this version
>> of APR-Util is not listed, although other versions are.
>>
>> Is this correct?  We are relying on this to avoid adding a package we plan
>> to distribute to the exports page.
>>
>> -Marshall Schor
>
> The "n/a" line should be changed to include 1.3.x as well.  Agreed
> (APR developers)?

apr_crypto was introduced in 1.4.x

Re: Export control for APR-Util version 1.3.8

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.