Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Monnerie <mi...@it-management.at> on 2006/04/13 17:51:44 UTC

New bayes poison

Hi, I just received some new bayes poison attempt. I never had one so
large, maybe that could start to be a bit of problem?

Also, this message seems to have a domainkeys sig. Is SA testing for the
validity of that?

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0660/4156531                          .network.your.ideas.
// PGP Key:   "lynx -source http://zmi.at/zmi3.asc | gpg --import"
// Fingerprint: 44A3 C1EC B71E C71A B4C2  9AA6 C818 847C 55CB A4EE
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                 Key-ID: 0x55CBA4EE

Re: New bayes poison

Posted by William Stearns <ws...@pobox.com>.
Good afternoon, Michael,

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Michael Monnerie wrote:

> Hi, I just received some new bayes poison attempt. I never had one so
> large, maybe that could start to be a bit of problem?

 	To the best of my knowledge, it isn't.  Temporarily you get more
hapaxes (tokens seen just once) in your bayes data, but those will get
expired sooner or later.
 	There's no effect on accuracy if the tokens truly are seen once.
If they show up again in spam, it actually helps because the phrases help
identify the second spam.
 	Cheers,
 	- Bill

 	"Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other
invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and
tequila."
 	-- Mitch Radcliffe
(Courtesy of Hugo van der Kooij <hv...@caiw.nl>)
William Stearns (wstearns@pobox.com).  Mason, Buildkernel, freedups, p0f,