Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Simon Price <si...@bristol.ac.uk> on 2002/09/13 11:28:40 UTC

possible bug in pipeline/transformer?

I'm seeing some strange behaviour when I use an XSLT stylesheet
generated on the fly by cocoon. Unless I reference the generated xsl in
the pipeline before using it as a transformer src I get a null pointer
exception on the transformer (the one labelled "DEBUG" below). Hence the
pointless map:part hack below.

       <map:match pattern="bind-*.xsl">
         <map:generate src="model/{1}.xml"/>
         <map:transform src="model/makebinder.xsl"/>
         <map:serialize type="xml"/>
       </map:match>

       <map:match pattern="*.html">
         <map:aggregate element="doc">

<!-- HACK: I don't want this here but it makes the transform work!-->
<map:part src="cocoon:/bind-staff_model.xsl"/>

           <map:part src="model/staff_model.xml"/>
           <map:part src="xforms/{1}.xml"/>
         </map:aggregate>
         <map:transform src="model/selectmodels.xsl"/>
         <map:transform src="cocoon:/bind-staff_model.xsl" label="DEBUG"/>

Is this a bug? I can't find anything about it in bugzilla or on the
list. Thoughts/suggestions welcomed.

There's nothing wrong with the stylesheet itself - if I save the xml it
produces as a file and then use that as the transform src it all works
fine without the hack.

VERSION INFO:
cocoon 2.1 (HEAD of about 2 weeks ago), jdk1.3.1, tomcat 4.0.1

Cheers

Simon

Simon Price
Institute for Learning and Research Technology
University of Bristol
8-10 Berkeley Square
Bristol BS8 1HH
United Kingdom