Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by David Corbin <dc...@machturtle.com> on 2000/11/13 19:25:23 UTC

SOAP for Objects ;)

SOAP = Simple Object Access Protocol

Now, I understand that SOAP is really just an "on the wire
specification", and that I only know enough about distributed objects to
be dangerous (and no more), but ...

soap4j seems to be very helpful in implement RPC over SOAP, but not so
good at Accessing Objects.  While I understand the simplistic attitude
in this idea, here is what I want:

1) write java objects for an OO system.
2) designate that certain objects will reside on a remote server.
3) access these remote objects using SOAP - (so that clients don't have
to be JAVA).  To me this means construction and "discovery" of existing
objects.

Possible? Practical? Holy Grail?
--
David Corbin