Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Holmlund <st...@snippets.com> on 2001/04/26 02:00:28 UTC

Similar Tomcat/IIS 5 problems

I read the recent thread and also cannot get the Tomcat isapi_redirect.dll
working with IIS 5.0. Specifically, http://localhost/examples/jsp/index.html
returns a 500 error in the log in system32\LogFiles\W3SVC1. Adding port 8080
(a suggestion that worked for someone else) to the above URL also fails.

I checked the setup extremely carefully and everything appears to be
according to the documentation. My isapi.log in the Tomcat directory shows
this:

[jk_connect.c (143)]:jk_open_socket, connect() failed errno = 61
[jk_ajp12_worker.c (152)]: In jk_endpoint_t::service, Error sd = -1
[jk_isapi_plugin.c (554)]: HttpExtensionProc error, service() failed

The examples url works fine with Tomcat 3.2.1 running standalone and as an
NT Service. It's the ISAPI filter that has me stumped. It's probably
something basic but I can't find it.

Any help appreciated.
Steve Holmlund
Snippets Software

RE: Tomcat/IIS 5 /examples solution?

Posted by Steve Holmlund <st...@snippets.com>.
Thanks, Steve and Jeff, for the explanations. It's all starting to make
sense now.

Steve H.

Posted by Steve Ruby <st...@rubysolutions.com>.

RE: Similar Tomcat/IIS 5 problems

Posted by Steve Holmlund <st...@snippets.com>.
Further to my post yesterday, maybe I should just ask:

Does ANYONE have the Tomcat isapi_redirect.dll working as an IIS 5 Filter on
Windows 2000 Server with /examples/jsp/index.html???

The Tomcat site indicates testing was only up through WinNT 4. Maybe that's
the issue.

Thanks.
Steve