Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu> on 2009/01/05 22:58:51 UTC

add upcoming versions to roadmap

Re: add upcoming versions to roadmap

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

Alan,

Brian created an account on Jira.  He is able to create new issues, but he
can't assign any of them to himself.  Do I need to add him to the
Administrators role on the "Manage Project Role Membership for Project: VCL"
page to allow him to do this?

I'm not very clear on what the different roles on that page are for.
The "Committers" role shows no users or groups, but it says it is people who
have subversion commit access, and we've already been making commits to
subversion.  The Contributors and PMC roles are both empty too.

I just realized that the statement I made below about adding Aaron and Andy to
the jira-administrators group is incorrect.  I added them to the list of
users that have the Administrators role, which is in addition to the
jira-administrators group having that role.  But, I didn't (and can't) modify
the members of the jira-administrators group

Josh

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: add upcoming versions to roadmap

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.
I think you only need to create an account in jira.
Aaron

--On January 6, 2009 7:15:01 PM -0500 Brian Bouterse <bm...@ncsu.edu>

Posted by Brian Bouterse <bm...@ncsu.edu>.

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: add upcoming versions to roadmap

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

Alan,

Is "admin privileges" different than the jira-administrators group you added
me to?  What Aaron was referring to when he said I figured it out was that I
added him and Andy to that group.

Let me know if I did that the wrong way.

Thanks for all of your guidance - there seems to be a lot to grok in this
process!

Josh

On Tuesday January 06, 2009, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> Cool!
>
> I'l just state the obvious so that we're all on the same page.  Only
> VCL PPMC member should get admin privileges.
>

> Regards,
> Alan
>
> On Jan 6, 2009, at 6:13 AM, Aaron Peeler wrote:
> > Never mind - Josh figured out how to add us.
> > Aaron
> >
> > --On January 6, 2009 8:42:55 AM -0500 Aaron Peeler <aaron_peeler@ncsu.edu
> >
> > > wrote:
> >>
> >> We'll also need these powers for Andy and myself.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Aaron
> >>
> >> --On January 5, 2009 4:39:36 PM -0800 "Alan D. Cabrera"

> >> Aaron Peeler
> >> OIT Advanced Computing
> >> College of Engineering-NCSU
> >> 919.513.4571