Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by mathes waran <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/11 10:15:35 UTC

Error in Hbase backup from secure to normal cluster.

Hi,

I tried distcp method in hbase backup from secure to normal cluster,In my
backup job the data is transferred successfully from secure to normal
cluster,but in resource manager job id is shown as failed due to error of
Non super user cannot change owner.

However, table and snapshot is created successfully and restoring table
from normal to secure is executed successfully.

But in HBase backup due to this error ,application Id is shown as failed.

Please find the error details as below:

*Caused by:
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException):
Non-super user cannot change owner*

Even I entered super user credentials while executing distcp job from
secure to normal cluster,this exception is occurred.

please note that,this error is occurred only on backup from secure to
normal,and its not occur on restoring table.

Can u pls tell me is there any changes in configuration file or how could i
solve this..?

Looking back.!

Thanks,

Matheskrishna

Re: Error in Hbase backup from secure to normal cluster.

Posted by Rakesh Radhakrishnan <ra...@apache.org>.
>>>->Now I executed the hbase backup command with super user credentials
,job are submitted in resource manager,while executing it throws an error
of "Non super user cannot change owner" ,at same time backup is
completed,table is stored in destination cluster along with error
status.(Job Id is also faied in resource manager)

Could you please share the job execution logs, probably will get some hints
about the failure. Also, please share the complete command structure you
are executing for hbase backup.

Thanks,
Rakesh

Posted by Rakesh Radhakrishnan <ra...@apache.org>.