Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Toby Saville <To...@lands.nsw.gov.au> on 2004/08/20 05:46:17 UTC

Absolute URLs

Is there any way I can make URL's generated by struts, be absolute
including the protocol, hostname and port?

Thanks

This message is intended for the addressee named and
may  contain confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.
Views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of
the Department of  Lands.

This email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper
for the presence of computer viruses.

Re: Absolute URLs

Posted by Michael McGrady <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com>.
Toby Saville wrote:

>Is there any way I can make URL's generated by struts, be absolute
>including the protocol, hostname and port?
>
>Thanks

One response showed you how to get the absolute URL of a request, but I
don't know if that is what you want.  The answer to your question
depends, I suspect, on what you want to do.  This is not clear from what
you have said.  I also suspect that, if you are trying to avoid the
damnedable troubles with relative URLs, you probably would be more happy
substituting a protocol for a URL with Struts.  You can do that with
more than the standard ".do".  Could you elaborate?

Michael