Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by mfs <fa...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/18 20:37:01 UTC

Modal Window question

Guys,

I am posting this question yet again, hoping to get some feedback...

The problem is regarding modal windows, as to how close it, when a form
(within it) is submitted in a new window. Any suggestions

Thanks in advance

Re: Modal Window question

Posted by mfs <fa...@gmail.com>.
Exactly what i needed...thanks a lot man..i should have looked into the
source code myself..my bad..

Re: Modal Window question

Posted by Matthijs Wensveen <m....@func.nl>.

--
Matthijs Wensveen
Func. Internet Integration

Re: Modal Window question

Posted by mfs <fa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Modal Window question

Posted by mfs <fa...@gmail.com>.
and also for some odd reason, spitting out a window.open through
ajaxtarget.appendjavascript() thought (in the ajaxform.onSubmit) works fine
in IE and Mozilla but doesn't on Safari, am not sure why that is, may be
safari doesnt allow popup onload (which i dont think is the case) or
something else....

Re: Modal Window question

Posted by mfs <fa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Modal Window question

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Re: Modal Window question

Posted by Matthijs Wensveen <m....@func.nl>.
Awkward.. that's the first letter in AJAX! :D

Matthijs Wensveen
Func. Internet Integration
W http://www.func.nl
T +31 20 4230000
F +31 20 4223500

Re: Modal Window question

Posted by mfs <fa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Modal Window question

Posted by Matthijs Wensveen <m....@func.nl>.

mfs wrote:
> No i mean a separate browser window, where i display the results of the
> form-submission.
>
> Matthijs Wensveen-2 wrote:
>
>> What do you mean by "submitted in a new window"? The modal window itself?
>> Matthijs
>>
>> mfs wrote:
>>
>>> Guys,
>>>
>>> I am posting this question yet again, hoping to get some feedback...
>>>
>>> The problem is regarding modal windows, as to how close it, when a form
>>> (within it) is submitted in a new window. Any suggestions
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance
>>>

>> --
>> Matthijs Wensveen
>> Func. Internet Integration
>> W http://www.func.nl
>> T +31 20 4230000
>> F +31 20 4223500

Matthijs Wensveen
Func. Internet Integration
W http://www.func.nl
T +31 20 4230000
F +31 20 4223500

Re: Modal Window question

Posted by mfs <fa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Modal Window question

Posted by Matthijs Wensveen <m....@func.nl>.

--
Matthijs Wensveen
Func. Internet Integration

Re: Wicket in an existing jaas-app

Posted by Maurice Marrink <ma...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at swarm, it has a jaas history. It should be dead simple
to port it back to jaas again.
http://wicketstuff.org/confluence/display/STUFFWIKI/Wicket-Security

Maurice

Re: Modal Window question

Posted by mfs <fa...@gmail.com>.
Well its just a requirement where the results are to be shown up in a new
browser window, where a wizard (part of external application) is
launched...with that let me add that if need be i can opt for using a
link/ajax-link too, but i think the problem would still persist...

I didnt think its gonna be that difficult..

Re: Modal Window question

Posted by Nino Saturnino Martinez Vazquez Wael <ni...@jayway.dk>.

mfs wrote:
> well i dont think that will work, the onSubmit is called on the new browser
> Window, now if i make my form to be an ajaxForm doing a
> model.close(ajaxtarget) wouldnt work, since the control is a seperate window
> now...i hope i am making sense...
>
> So basically here is what i will be doing if i make the form submission
> ajax-based ...
>
>             protected void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget arg)
>             {
>               urlToTheExternalPage = "http://";
>               getRequestCycle().setRequestTarget(
>                     new RedirectRequestTarget(urlToTheExternalPage ));
>               modalWindow.close(arg));
>             }
>

> Nino.Martinez wrote:
>
>> Just provide the modal window to the form and call modalwindow.close in
>> the form..?
>>
>> mfs wrote:
>>
>>> Guys,
>>>
>>> I am posting this question yet again, hoping to get some feedback...
>>>
>>> The problem is regarding modal windows, as to how close it, when a form
>>> (within it) is submitted in a new window. Any suggestions
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance
>>>

>> --
>> -Wicket for love
>>
>> Nino Martinez Wael