Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Adrian Bridgett <ad...@opensignal.com> on 2016/07/05 08:06:17 UTC

Re: ExternalTaskSensor offsets with monthly jobs

Thanks Jeremiah and Laura - yes, that's a spot on description. We're
actually being a little lazy and running at the start of each month but
ideally yes, we'd want to run at the end of the month (not sure if
that's even _possible_ - I guess we could run on 28th and then use this
new enhancement to delay running until the ETL has finished at the end -
i.e. it could take days).

Interesting push approach - I was hoping to avoid that (as we add lots
of reports (actually customer deliveries in our case) so really the
daily ETL job should be fixed and the reporting jobs alter over time -
with a push I'd have to edit the ETL job for every customer.

I see that PR has just been merged so I'll go and do some testing - we
are overdue for an airflow upgrade :-)