Posted to commits@pig.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/07/06 15:48:43 UTC

[Pig Wiki] Update of "PoweredBy" by SeanTimm

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Pig Wiki" for change notification.

The "PoweredBy" page has been changed by SeanTimm.
http://wiki.apache.org/pig/PoweredBy?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3

  Applications and organizations using Pig include (alphabetically):
+
+  * [[http://www.aol.com/|AOL]]
+   * AOL has multiple clusters from a few nodes to several hundred nodes.
+   * We use Hadoop for analytics and batch data processing for various applications.
+   * Hadoop is used by MapQuest, Ad, Search, Truveo, and Media groups.
+   * All of our jobs are written in Pig or native map reduce.

   * [[http://www.cooliris.com/|Cooliris]] - Cooliris transforms your browser into a lightning fast, cinematic way to browse photos and videos, both online and on your hard drive.
    * We have a 15-node Hadoop cluster where each machine has 8 cores, 8 GB ram, and 3-4 TB of storage.