Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Graeme Walker <gr...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/04 16:42:57 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Retirement of mod_aspdotnet

Hi Bill,

Any news on the 2004 release of the mod_aspdotnet? Do you have an msi build
of it you could send me. I only have VS 2005 so I can't build it from source
myself.

Cheers
Graeme

On 7/26/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> Graeme Walker wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I noticed that the mod_aspdotnet has been retired, does anyone have any
> > info as to why, or if the module is going to be developed as a core
> > Apache module. The last thing I want to do is return to IIS for ASP.NET
> > <http://ASP.NET> development :)
>
> Simply stay tuned for 'what's next' - I should have news before the end
> of July for you, and will announce here.
>
> In short, a number of developers and powerusers tested the potential build
> 2004 release of mod_aspdotnet, but not enough httpd project committee
> folks
> were either willing or able to cast a vote to release the software.
>
> The committee had determined months ago that if there was not enough
> oversight
> the httpd project would 'dump' the module.  The one released version will
> remain at archive.apache.org/dist/httpd/ (nothing ever truly 'disappears'
> at
> the asf), but at this point, it doesn't appear that the foundation has the
> oversight necessary to support this sort of windows-specific module.
>
> The biggest problem is that - normally - in the ASF we must have three of
> the committee members vote for a release to become an ASF release (plus
> more
> plusses than minuses, of course).  Normally - some of the code
> contributors
> would become committee members once they had distinguished themselves for
> consistency in offering patches, feedback to fellow users or even
> documentation
> contributions.  Since 'it just worked' none of our (valued!) contributors
> ever
> hit the threshold of 'sustained contributions'.
>
> So it's likely to find a new home, and I have put off notifying
> users@httpd
> until I've identified an appropriate home and context for my ongoing work
> on
> this module.  As I say, keep your eyes peeled for a week.
>
> Yours,
>
> Bill

Re: [users@httpd] Help Needed in Integrating modules with Apache Windows

Posted by ja...@tcs.com.
Hi All,

can somebody help me to get a big static library to be linked to the
mod_echo module?  I modified the baseaddress.ref as below

; os/win32/BaseAddr.ref contains the central repository
;                       of all module base addresses
;                       to avoid relocation

; WARNING: Update this file by reviewing the image size
;          of the debug-generated dll files; release images
;          should fit in the larger debug-sized space.

; module name         base-address      max-size

mod_echo.so             0x6FFA0000    0x00A00000
libhttpd.dll            0x6FF00000    0x000A0000
mod_auth_basic.so       0x6FEF0000    0x00010000
mod_auth_digest.so      0x6FED0000    0x00020000
mod_cern_meta.so        0x6FEC0000    0x00010000
mod_expires.so          0x6FEB0000    0x00010000
mod_headers.so          0x6FEA0000    0x00010000
mod_info.so             0x6FE90000    0x00010000
mod_rewrite.so          0x6FE70000    0x00020000
mod_speling.so          0x6FE60000    0x00010000
mod_status.so           0x6FE50000    0x00010000
mod_usertrack.so        0x6FE40000    0x00010000
mod_file_cache.so       0x6FE20000    0x00020000
mod_unique_id.so        0x6FE00000    0x00010000
mod_vhost_alias.so      0x6FDF0000    0x00010000
mod_mime_magic.so       0x6FDE0000    0x00010000
mod_dav.so              0x6FDC0000    0x00020000
mod_dav_fs.so           0x6FDB0000    0x00010000
mod_proxy.so            0x6FDA0000    0x00010000
mod_proxy_connect.so    0x6FD90000    0x00010000
mod_proxy_ftp.so        0x6FD80000    0x00010000
mod_proxy_http.so       0x6FD70000    0x00010000
mod_ssl.so              0x6FD00000    0x00070000
mod_actions.so          0x6FCE0000    0x00010000
mod_alias.so            0x6FCD0000    0x00010000
mod_asis.so             0x6FCC0000    0x00010000
mod_autoindex.so        0x6FCA0000    0x00010000
mod_cgi.so              0x6FC90000    0x00010000
mod_dir.so              0x6FC80000    0x00010000
mod_env.so              0x6FC70000    0x00010000
mod_imagemap.so         0x6FC60000    0x00010000
mod_include.so          0x6FC50000    0x00010000
mod_isapi.so            0x6FC40000    0x00010000
mod_log_config.so       0x6FC30000    0x00010000
mod_mime.so             0x6FC20000    0x00010000
mod_negotiation.so      0x6FC10000    0x00010000
mod_setenvif.so         0x6FC00000    0x00010000
mod_userdir.so          0x6FBF0000    0x00010000
mod_cache.so            0x6FBE0000    0x00010000
mod_disk_cache.so       0x6FBD0000    0x00010000
mod_mem_cache.so        0x6FBC0000    0x00010000
mod_deflate.so          0x6FBA0000    0x00020000
mod_ext_filter.so       0x6FB90000    0x00010000
mod_charset_lite.so     0x6FB80000    0x00010000
mod_authn_anon.so       0x6FB70000    0x00010000
mod_authn_dbm.so        0x6FB60000    0x00010000
mod_authn_default.so    0x6FB50000    0x00010000
mod_authn_file.so       0x6FB40000    0x00010000
mod_authz_dbm.so        0x6FB30000    0x00010000
mod_authz_default.so    0x6FB20000    0x00010000
mod_authz_groupfile.so  0x6FB10000    0x00010000
mod_authz_host.so       0x6FB00000    0x00010000
mod_authz_user.so       0x6FAF0000    0x00010000
mod_logio.so            0x6FAE0000    0x00010000
mod_ldap.so             0x6FAD0000    0x00010000
mod_authnz_ldap.so      0x6FAC0000    0x00010000
mod_ident.so            0x6FAB0000    0x00010000
mod_proxy_ajp.so        0x6FAA0000    0x00010000
mod_proxy_balancer.so   0x6FA90000    0x00010000
mod_log_forensic.so     0x6FA80000    0x00010000
mod_version.so          0x6FA70000    0x00010000
mod_bucketeer.so        0x6FA60000    0x00010000
mod_dumpio.so           0x6FA50000    0x00010000
mod_authn_dbd.so        0x6FA30000    0x00020000
mod_dbd.so              0x6FA20000    0x00010000

Is it the right way to do? Anyhelp appreciated.

Thanks,
Jayaram Ganapathy

jayaram.g@tcs.com
08/09/2006 03:59 PM
Please respond to
users@httpd.apache.org

users@httpd.apache.org
cc

Subject
[users@httpd] Help Needed in Integrating modules with Apache Windows

Hi All,

I have a static library of 8 mb size. I have a function in that static
library to which I take the input from mod_echo and the response I get
from that I send back. But in Windows I am getting a link warning 4013.
The module mod_echo is not  getting loaded if I link the huge static
library. Is there anything to be changed like the BASE etc to solve the
problem. Any help/guidance appreciated.

Thanks
Jayaram Ganapathy
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

ForwardSourceID:NT00016602

Posted by Graeme Walker <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Just so you guys know. I installed the latest 2.2 snapshot version of
mod_aspdot last night and everything is working well.

Current Config is:

Apache 2.2.3 + mod_ssl
mod_aspdotnet (mod_aspdotnet-2.2.0.2004-snapshot-rev419792.msi)
ASP.NET Framework 2.0 (And yes ASP.NET 2.0 does work with the module
including the dynamic WebResource.axd's)

Regards
Graeme W

Posted by Graeme Walker <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bill,