Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com> on 2010/01/25 05:17:27 UTC

Data element of the OM Node is NULL

When I run Apache Server and Axis2/C in development, all is well, when I run
it in a clean VM, I am getting the error:

Data element of the OM Node is NULL

What exactly is this telling me?  It is saying that my service is not
building the response object or that the value being passed in is NULL?  The
service is written in such a way that the nodeId can be null/empty string.
 Oh the client is .Net 3.5
----------------------------------
Where is the request message:

<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
   <s:Body xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      <getNode xmlns="urn:mmpp:catalogmgr">
         <nodeId xmlns=""/>
         <ignoreActiveFlag xmlns="">true</ignoreActiveFlag>
      </getNode>
   </s:Body>
</s:Envelope>
----------------------------------
Here is the reply:

  <soapenv:Body>
 <soapenv:Fault>
<faultcode>soapenv:Sender</faultcode>
<faultstring>Data element of the OM Node is NULL</faultstring>
<detail>
   <fault>CatalogMgr|urn:mmpp:catalogmgr failed</fault>
</detail>
 </soapenv:Fault>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Re: Data element of the OM Node is NULL

Posted by Sam Carleton <sc...@gmail.com>.
Nandika,

Sorry, I cannot, it is too complex.  What I did find yesterday though was
that the Release optimization was causing some bugs when trying to open the
SQLite database.  I removed the optimizations and that code is working.  I
think the cause of the problem was not handing that error correctly, in that
condition the service created a response object to return to the Axis2/C.

Sam

Posted by Nandika Jayawardana <ja...@gmail.com>.