Posted to cvs@httpd.apache.org by la...@apache.org on 2001/08/19 02:54:02 UTC

cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/docroot/error/images - New directory

lars        01/08/18 17:54:02

  httpd-2.0/docs/docroot/error/images - New directory

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/docroot/error/images - New direct

Posted by Lars Eilebrecht <la...@hyperreal.org>.
According to William A. Rowe, Jr.:

> > I'm slightly skeptical about the usefulness of this new typemap thingy.
> > Is the point of this just to save a bunch of "stat" calls?
> > I guess I could be convinced, but it seems less clean to me.

Well, I tend to agree.

>  The most painful thing to mod_negotation (or mod_autoindex, for that
>  matter) are directories that are _too_large_.  The most painful thing to the
>  stat call is, the same.

We could just put the files in subdirectories, e.g.,
/error/404/not_found.xx.html

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                -Sleep is for the weak and sickly.
lars@hyperreal.org

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> If we take a close look at Roy's new schema, and the intent of this page,
> and how Icons and other server-wide stuff is installed, I think these aught
> to reside in httpd-2.0/docs/error/
>
> They aught to be installed to @@serverroot@@/error/

+1

> But because I'm building a 'composite negotation typemap/content' method, where
> the new sytnax will be;

> Body:end-tag
> end-tag
>
> I'm suggesting we leave the contribution where it is, and build these composite-ed
> type-map/content files right into httpd-2.0/docs/error/.
>
> Would this be acceptable to everyone?

I'm slightly skeptical about the usefulness of this new typemap thingy.
Is the point of this just to save a bunch of "stat" calls?
I guess I could be convinced, but it seems less clean to me.

Joshua.

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/docroot/error/images - New directory

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.