Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by jim hoffmann <ji...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/06/16 03:58:57 UTC

no secure connection

i cannot download open office 6.1.6 because safari cannot find secure connection to sourceforge.net. Can you help me?

Jim Hoffmann

Re: no secure connection

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 03:58:57 +0000 (UTC)
jim hoffmann <ji...@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

> i cannot download open office 6.1.6 because safari cannot find secure connection to sourceforge.net. Can you help me?
>
> Jim Hoffmann

This may be Apple Gatekeeper telling you that it is not an application from an Apple approved source.  I think details of what to do are given in

[url]https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491[/url]

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: no secure connection

Posted by M Henri Day <mh...@gmail.com>.
Den mån 17 juni 2019 kl 09:31 skrev jim hoffmann <jimhof77@yahoo.com.invalid
>:

> Firefox worked. Thanks.
>
> Jim Hoffmann
>
> On Sunday, June 16, 2019, 12:23 PM, M Henri Day <mh...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Den sön 16 juni 2019 kl 10:44 skrev jim hoffmann
> <jimhof77@yahoo.com.invalid
> >:
>
> > i cannot download open office 6.1.6 because safari cannot find secure
> > connection to sourceforge.net. Can you help me?
> >
> > Jim Hoffmann
>

> Jim, have you tried downloading Apache Openoffice 4.16 from the website :
> https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html ? If Safari doesn't cut it,
> perhaps you could download and install a different web browser, for
> example, Firefox ?...
>
> Henri

Good to hear, Jim - thanks for the feedback !...

Henri

Re: no secure connection

Posted by jim hoffmann <ji...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Firefox worked. Thanks.