Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrew Pollock <me...@andrew.net.au> on 2002/02/25 07:23:07 UTC

Log rotation with Apache 1.3.23 under Win32

Hello,

I've got a problem with log rotation with Apache 1.3.23 on Windows 2000, that
I've been asked to look into.

The problem is whenever the logs are rotated, the new logfile has one whitespace
character at the start of the logfile, which is causing the particular log
analysis package used some grief.

I suspect the problem is with the rotation method being used, currently a
program simply renames the log file once a day.

Under Unix I'd expect Apache to keep writing to the old file, but under Windows
Apache is appearing to start writing a new logfile without further intervention,
albeit with the whitespace character at the start.

Should I include an apache -k restart after the log rotation?

TIA

Andrew